Monday, September 27, 2010

Unicorns Have Birthdays In The Fall?

Today is the first day of "cool" weather for this fall. It makes me want to quit my job because there are no windows to open and let the fresh air in. There is no sunshine in here to speak of, and I feel like a trapped bird. When it is hot as the 7th circle of hell, I could care less, when it is bitterly cold, they can keep the outside. Nope don't want it. But on a day like to today when it is dry, cool, and just perfect, well it should be against the law to be at work. There needs to be mandantory optional outdoor desks available for every employee. I know, I live in fantasy land with my unicorns.

This time of year is my favorite. The insane birthday/holiday season is about to kick off with my birthday next week. It is a domino effect from then. We have 4 major birthdays, the 4 biggest holidays of the year to contend with, and at least 1 minor holiday. IT. NEVER. ENDS. 5 months of parties, food, and presents. By Christmas day I am so flippin tired of food, cooking, money spending, and rushing around, I am ready to colapse. We get to catch our breath for a couple of weeks after new years eve, and then the last two major birthdays until June. After Feb 17th, I take an exsausted, and happy sigh.

We are a busy family. We love to enjoy each other's company, and I wouldn't miss our 5 months of chaos. I was hoping to add to that chaos with our own little addition, but it seems that we don't get that privlege yet. It would have been nice to be pregnant before thirty, but I really don't have a choice any more. I guess I just hate feeling like the years are slipping through my fingers. I do know that if I ever do get pregnant and have a baby, that child will be worth all the waiting.

Anyways.... Cheers to the first day of cool weather this fall, and cheers to The Party Gauntlet that kicks off Oct 7th!

No comments:

Post a Comment