Monday's suck. I hate that just yesterday I was taking a nap at 1pm, and finally getting a shower by 3 pm. I am LAZY, and I love it mostly. I used to get up on the weekends, and have drive to do something, I certainly don't have that now. I come home, force myself to cook dinner, maybe do a load of laundry, and read until I am cross-eyed. What I am waiting for however is the chance to have one of my best friends back in my day to day life, my sister. We keep each other entertained. If we aren't cooking something, then I am dragging her into a craft project, or we are shopping. These are things a woman needs often. My two best friends left town, and all I had was my Kindle and my Husband. Now that one is coming home, I am so excited. I can finally have a LIFE again!
It is not that I don't enjoy my husband, but maybe I will appreciate him more if we had some time away from each other. I really don't have anyone except my sister and my long time best friend Leslie. Everyone else has fallen by the wayside for one reason or another. Friends come in and out of your life for one purpose or another. I have had my share of really good friends, mostly from work, that have drifted off my radar due to life and its usual issues. Our family is closer to us than anyone. I don't mind it at all. My sister has all my dirty awful secrets, and I trust her with them, because she can trust me with hers. That is just what we do. Leslie is no exception.
But with the two people I share my "girl time" with only in town for a little while, and them having to split their time evenly amongst others, I don't get the quality time that is necessary. I don’t give them hell about it. I know it isn’t something they could control, but it seems like the short time we have is never enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment