Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Of Monkeys' and Marias'

We made some serious progress this month. Two big goals have been taken care of. We replaced our roof, and got a new vehicle. With that under our belts, I think my husband has relaxed about broaching the subject of kids now. We don't talk about us actually trying. But we did have a few discussions that were surprising. First of all, he at least agrees with the girl's name I have picked out: Sarah Maria Karg. For our grandmothers. I am pretty sure he doesn't like the boy name I have chosen: Rylan John KargRylan, because I love the name, and John for both of our fathers, his brother, my uncles, ect. My second boy will have my father's middle name (Sherman). The second girl's name I have chosen is Arianna Rose Karg. I am pretty set on those, but I know I will give some room for compromise if he wants a word in edge wise.

Then we spoke of him wanting to build our child's furniture. I have no problems with that, except , I am afraid he won't follow all the safety specs. I know he wants to build something for our child, and I will not deny that of him, but there are certain things he has to follow. He is very adamant that we do not use too many chemicals for the furniture, and wants me to drop the hint to my father when he makes the cradle to use linseed oil instead of varnish, or low fume varnish. It made me say, "Oh, you aren't going to be one of those "Au Natural" dads are you?" Because I am not going to wash diapers!

But he is thinking forward. Catching up to where I have been for a couple of years? Sort of. My neurosis goes deep. For my boy room I have found the cutest monkey themed items. I just love it! For a girl, well that will be different. I'm pretty sure we will be having a boy first. so I am most prepared for that. If I do have a girl, well great, but I am not worried if it doesn't happen. Boys can be as much fun as girls, it is just easier to find the frilly clothing!


But don't mind my hormonal ravings. I started a new cycle 3 days ago, and I am still doing that estrogen waffle. (That is what I call when I am fine one minute, and the next I am blubbering about a funny face my fish made) Not that I am making my emotional stability any better. I just took my first Clomid pill. I have 4 more to go. Hopefully, I get a egg to come out, and get my husband to make a deposit just in time. This is like coordinating a ballet. I have several conditions  that must be met to create this one tiny thing that is so life changing! If one thing goes wrong, the end result is disappointment and a new box of tampons.

No comments:

Post a Comment