Monday, June 28, 2010

A Letter To My Ovaries

Dear Ovaries,




You and I have had a close relationship over the years. Without you, I couldn’t be the woman I am today! Alas, these past few years, you and I have been in disagreement over the release of those eggs. Now I know I didn’t really need them in the past, and I am well aware of those who have not made it to their full potential. There are two that I even had the gall to remove once they took root. I know, I know, I’ve been a selfish person. But I waited, as I was supposed to, for just the right time. I’m here now, and have been for a while. I am quite miffed that you have decided to stop releasing those eggs on a regular basis. You may be mad at me, but we still have a job to do! I have been trying to cooperate. I’ve been treating that illness you have. You know the one with that pearl like strand of cysts that have grown attached to you? Not only that, but I haven’t been on birth control in quite a long time. If this is about those depo provera shots, I said I was sorry. It hurt me just as much as it hurt you. But forcing me to take hormones to force you?? That is pretty mean. If I knew any better, I’d say you were mocking me.



But all that aside, I want to start over. I want to be the mother I was destined to be, and I can’t do that without you. I am begging for your help. I know you and I can’t do it alone, but I am confident that uterus is on board with this plan. All I need is for you to give me the positive on that little test, and the hubby and I will do what we can. I know sometimes, it isn’t meant to be, but I am certain, that we can make magic happen if we just work together. Please give me a chance to prove that being a mother is just as hard, and wonderful as I know it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment